Winding Ridge School of Inquiry and the Performing Arts
Magnet School of Distinction
Students at Winding Ridge School of Inquiry and Performing Arts learn to communicate their knowledge through artistic expression. Among the variety of arts choices available to students are: band, orchestra, dance, drama, art, photography and choir.
Winding Ridge School of Inquiry and Performing Arts provides instruction to primary grades 1 – 3 students in band, orchestra, general music, dance and drama, art, and media. Students in intermediate grades 4 – 6 choose a focus area from the following list: band, orchestra, choir, dance and drama, or media: photography and broadcasting. Within the focus areas students are introduced to early introduction to keyboard and string.
Winding Ridge Excellence
- Identified by Magnet Schools of America as a Magnet School of Distinction
- Winding Ridge prides itself on its family atmosphere and engagement, both internally and in the community
- The building is actively involved with groups such as Partnerships for Lawrence, Ronald McDonald House, Sparrow Club, Dayspring, the Humane Society of Indianapolis, and Coburn Place
- A building mentor develops relationships with students and makes personal time for those who need extra attention or encouragement
- The building has a strong Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) that provides multiple, monthly activities for students and families (Boys/Girls Night Out, Student vs. Staff Basketball, Holiday Fair, Movie Night, etc.)
- After-school activities support student involvement and include: tutoring, upper grade athletics, LADIES club, walking/fitness club, photography club, drumline, Young Men of Purpose, and much more