At Winding Ridge, we promote exploration and expanding students’ interests beyond the classroom. Thus, we prepare our future leaders through an assortment of academic and social clubs. Robotics, Student Council, Recycling Engineers, WRTV News Crew, CROWN Mentoring, Girl Scouts, and the Phoenix Blaze Dance Squad are just a few of the many options to stimulate student creativity while fostering positive relationships.
Just as important, we have supportive parents and community members who seamlessly work alongside our staff to sustain a productive learning environment. Our dedicated WRPFO eagerly serves as an active partner in education and is an instrumental factor in the success of our school. Additionally, various events such as Math & Literacy Nights, performing arts extravaganzas, and the annual Grandparents Day festivities allow families and community members to learn and discover alongside students and staff. The connection between teachers, students, and parents working together to increase student achievement and provide a positive learning experience for every child is of utmost importance to us.
When considering the best educational options for your child, please remember this about our school:
- We have a fantastic staff, dedicated PFO, and a beautiful state-of-the-art facility at Winding Ridge!
- We LOVE our students and believe that each student is capable of academic excellence both now and in the future.
- We recognize and embrace the challenge of providing an excellent education for each Phoenix student.
- We recognize the correlation between GREAT TEACHING and GREAT LEARNING!
- We believe that our diverse student population is a strength and enriches the educational awareness and learning experiences for all students & families.
- We celebrate the uniqueness of each student and are proactive in teaching conflict resolution to promote kindness, empathy, and being an “upstander” for one another.
- Our staff serves as positive and caring role models for our students with the realization that we are a STUDENT-CENTERED school.
- All decisions are based on the best interests of our students, and student assessment data drives our school improvement process, which is ongoing.
- We aspire to instill within each student the following RISE expectations through our PBIS program ~ be Respectful, be Intelligent, be Safe, and to be Excellent on Purpose!
- We will engage each of our students as active learners, and recognize their accomplishments on a regular basis.
- We maintain high expectations for students, staff, and parents as we work together to achieve the extraordinary!
Please plan on visiting us. Phone our office at 317-964-6800 to schedule a tour of our school. We would welcome your child and your family as educational partners in the pursuit of excellence. There is so much more we would like to share with you. Until then, be sure to "Like" us on Facebook to experience the latest happenings at Winding Ridge Elementary School!
Principal - Mrs. Alicia D. Harris