INDIANAPOLIS – The MSD of Lawrence Township is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement between Lawrence Township Schools and the Lawrence Education Association (LEA) for the 2020-2021 school year. The agreement was voted on by the Board of Education at the November 16, 2020 meeting.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Up to an additional $1,100 applied to the equalization of salary gaps between internal district teachers and those hired externally.
- A base salary increase of $1,250 for teachers rated effective or highly effective for the 2019- 2020 school year.
- A beginning teacher salary of $44,000 (up from $43,000) with a BA/BS or $45,000 with an MS.
- An additional .25% match to teachers’ 401(a) plan for the 2020-2021 school year contingent upon the February 2021 ADM count equaling or exceeding 50 newly enrolled students.
- Financial recognition of Masters Degrees with notification dates of August 1 and September 1 during the 2020-2021 school year.
Extracurricular Account (ECA) fund additions The above equates to a district investment of approximately $2.4M. This is the seventh consecutive year that the district has been able to provide raises to teachers.